Buttermilk is already built into these soft and fluffy, protein-packed pancakes topped with peanut butter and maple syrup.
- 1 cup Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 serving cooking spray
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Mini semisweet chocolate chips
- To a medium bowl, add the pancake mix, water, and banana, and whisk to combine; don't overmix. Batter will be slightly lumpy and on the thicker side. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Heat a griddle to 375 degrees F (medium heat) or heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and generously spray with cooking spray.
- Add slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning once. Place pancakes on a serving platter or plates; set aside.
- To a microwave-safe glass measuring cup or bowl, add the maple syrup and peanut butter and heat for 30 to 60 seconds, or until mixture is warmed through and can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over the pancakes and top with chocolate chips.