Peach jam, chili sauce and chipotle hot sauce make a sweet and spicy glaze for these tender, slowly grilled spareribs.
- 2 racks Smithfield® Extra Tender Pork Spareribs, membrane removed
- 1 cup Handful hickory or apple wood chips for smoking, soaked in water and drained
- 1 cup peach jam
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 230 to 250 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Remove ribs from grill. Double-wrap each rack in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove ribs from grill and unwrap. Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with peach glaze. Cook for about 5 minutes until the glaze is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more glaze.