Fresh fruit and a spiced, sweet topping are the stars in this easy, baked peach crumble pie that's perfect for family gatherings.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust pastry
- 9 medium (2-1/2" dia) (approx 4 per lb)s fresh peaches, peeled and halved
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine sugar, flour, butter, and salt in a bowl; mix with your fingers until it has a pea-sized, crumbly texture. Put 1/3 of the mixture into the pie crust.
- Lay peach halves, flat-sides down, onto the crumb mixture. Cut remaining peach halves into sections and place in between the halves to fill any spaces. Place remaining crumble mixture on top and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and continue to bake until set and golden, about 30 minutes more.