This homemade BBQ sauce features sweet, freshly canned peaches and is great for basting, topping, and dipping any meat.
- 5 jarred peaches in simple syrup, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Grade A maple syrup
- 1 (2 inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 10 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- Add peaches, tomato paste, vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, mustard, garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, pepper, and 10 grinds salt to a food processor. Blend until well combined into a thick sauce, about 1 minute. It's okay if some some flecks of ginger remain.
- Pour the sauce into an 8-inch frying pan. Heat to a soft boil over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Use right away or cool on the countertop, pour into a container, label, and refrigerate.