A traditional potato soup with instant potatoes added for extra body. Onions and bacon are saut ed together before the potatoes, chicken broth, and half and half are added.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 medium (2-1/4" to 3" dia, raw)s potatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Saute bacon and onions, in a medium saute pan, until browned. Set aside.
- Over low heat, in a medium sauce pan, cook flour until pasty. Slowly add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in bacon and onion mixture, potatoes, and instant potatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes and then blend in half and half. Serve.