This fresh twist on classic pasta salad includes green peas and mild Cheddar cheese in a creamy dressing.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ white onion, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain macaroni and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add peas, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, celery, and onion to the macaroni. Stir to combine.