A tart lime and cilantro coating adds incredible flavor to these breaded tilapia fillets, which can be served with rice and salsa or used in fish tacos.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tilapia fillets
- canola oil, or more as needed
- Put flour and eggs into 2 separate dishes. Combine bread crumbs, cilantro, lime zest, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a third dish.
- Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. Put 1 fillet in flour, coat both sides, and gently shake off excess. Dip into eggs, turning once, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture to coat. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place fillets in the skillet and cook until crust is golden and fish is easy to lift with a spatula, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until fish flakes easily with a fork, another 3 to 4 minutes.