If you have leftover panettone, try these panettone muffins with chocolate ganache and cream for a festive breakfast or Christmas dessert.
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 (2 ounce) bar dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) panettone, cubed
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Heat 1/4 cup heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted and ganache is smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup cream, cubed panettone, eggs, milk, and sugar in a bowl and mix until well combined. Remove about 6 small tablespoons of panettone mixture and set aside.
- Remove ganache from fridge and beat with an electric blender until creamy.
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners. Spoon panettone mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Make an indention with your finger into each muffin and place 1 teaspoon of chocolate ganache inside. Cover with the 6 tablespoons panettone that were set aside.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.