Daikon radish has a sweet, bright flavor with a bit of a bite, a flavor that really shines through in these crispy fried cakes.
- 1 ½ cups grated daikon radish
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®)
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil for frying
- Place the daikon in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain daikon. Stir in the garlic, onion, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, paprika, and chili garlic sauce. Mix well. Form into 8, small round patties.
- Pour oil into a large skillet. Heat over medium heat. Fry patties in the hot oil until firm and nicely brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.