Baked salmon coated in a crunchy pecan-maple topping is a very tasty dinner that fits into a paleo-, gluten-free, and dairy-free lifestyle.
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine pecans, maple syrup, vinegar, paprika, chipotle powder, and onion powder in a food processor; pulse until texture is crumbly. Spoon pecan mixture on top of each salmon fillet, coating the entire top surface. Refrigerate coated salmon, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake salmon in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 14 minutes.