Pan fried tofu is mixed with orzo, fresh diced tomatoes, lemon and basil then sprinkled with feta cheese. I like cow's milk feta, but goat cheese would be really yummy as well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic and green onions for 20 to 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the tofu, and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lemon juice, and basil; cook for another minute. Combine with the cooked orzo pasta, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with crumbled feta cheese.