White beans are pureed with milk to get this orange and ginger-flavored pudding started.
- 1 cup cooked white beans, drained
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ tablespoons orange zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Process beans and milk together in a blender until smooth; pour into a small saucepan.
- Stir sugar, egg, orange zest, ginger, and cornstarch into the bean mixture until smooth; place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Stir butter and vanilla extract into the thickened mixture until the butter is melted; pour into 4 dessert cups and refrigerate until chilled, at least 15 minutes.