Chocolate chips and fresh orange come together in perfect harmony to make these quick and easy muffins that get their melt-in-your-mouth texture from sour cream.
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 orange - zested, peeled, and segmented
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 ounces milk chocolate chips (such as Cadbury Baking Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk milk, sour cream, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until well combined. Whisk in sugar and orange zest. Stir in flour, salt, and chocolate chips in that order. Dice orange segments and gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.