This easy make-ahead recipe makes filling, grab-and-go omelet muffins full of cheese, spinach, onion, and bacon.
- cooking spray
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 eggs, or more to taste
- ¼ cup milk (Optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (Optional)
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 muffin tins. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay bacon strips in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, about 30 minutes. Reserve grease. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Chop into small pieces.
- Transfer bacon grease to a skillet. Cook onion in the skillet over medium heat until transparent. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Add bacon, onion, spinach, Colby Jack cheese, hot pepper sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Scoop mixture into muffin pans using an ice cream scoop, filling cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins harden at the edges, about 50 minutes.