A simple, delicious turkey noodle soup made with drumsticks cooks for a long time for maximum flavor. The noodles are cooked separately and added to the bowls at the end.
- 3 leg, bone removeds turkey drumsticks
- 3 quarts water
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 carrot, (7-1/2")s carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Combine the turkey drumsticks and water in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Stir in onions, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, black pepper, sage, thyme, rosemary, and celery salt; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the turkey meat is very tender, about 2 hours. Remove the turkey drumsticks and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, strip the meat from the bones and tendons, chop the meat, and return to the soup.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook the egg noodles a boil until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain. Scoop noodles into soup bowls and fill the bowls with turkey soup.