A hot dog is cut into an octopus and ramen noodles feature coral (cauliflower) and seaweed (spinach) in this fun ocean-themed bento box.
- ½ hot dog
- 2 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 6 cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup chopped baby spinach
- Place hot dog half on a flat work surface. Cut a slit from the bottom to within 1 inch of the top. Turn the hot dog half 90 degrees to the uncut side and repeat. Cut each of 4 "legs" halfway down the middle to make 8 octopus "legs".
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil; add hot dog octopus. Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in the same pot. Add ramen noodles and cauliflower; cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in ramen seasoning until dissolved. Remove from heat; add spinach. Let stand until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Assemble bento box with ramen noodle mixture and octopus hot dog.