Sweet, spiced almond butter is stirred into hot oats in this easy breakfast recipe garnished with chopped apple and almonds.
- ½ cup Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons almond butter
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped apple with peel
- 1 teaspoon chopped almonds
- In medium saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook uncovered over medium heat, 1 minute for Quick Oats, 5 minutes for Old Fashioned Oats, stirring occasionally.
- Stir together almond butter, honey, cinnamon, and ginger, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time if mixture seems too thick. Stir into hot oatmeal. Top with chopped apple and almonds.