Spectacularly different! Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 ½ tablespoons toasted, chopped pecans
- Place broth in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, or until tender. Drain excess liquid, cover and let cool.
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, and honey in a small bowl until honey is dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooled rice in a salad bowl, along with kiwi, red grapes and pecans. Add dressing, and gently toss.