If you love banana bread, or know someone who does, try this unique recipe that uses a swirl of Nutella(R) for even more flavor.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a bowl. Add bananas and eggs; mix well. Sift 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons cake flour, baking soda, and salt into the butter mixture and stir to combine. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan.
- Add chocolate-hazelnut spread to the pan and spread it out. Add remaining batter evenly on top. Swirl a knife through the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let banana bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let it cool another 10 to 15 minutes before serving.