With a light mocha flavor and a ribbon of Nutella(R) running through, these muffins are a perfect match for your morning cup of coffee.
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 14 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat until creamy. Dissolve espresso powder in hot water. Add to the butter mixture along with the yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together. Fold into the wet ingredients just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide 1/2 of the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling only halfway. Drop a heaping teaspoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread in the center of each. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center springs back lightly touched with your finger, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.