Stuffed with rich mounds of Nutella(R) and chilled for 2 hours for a gooey texture to die for, these dark chocolate brownies are no joke.
- 2 (13 ounce) jars chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®)
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place tablespoon-sized mounds of chocolate-hazelnut spread on the parchment paper. Freeze completely, 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture is completely melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Add sugar; mix until dissolved. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing fully after each addition. Add cream, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add flour by spoonfuls, mixing fully after each addition. Pour half the batter into the prepared baking pan. Arrange frozen chocolate-hazelnut mounds on top; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is dry and edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, 30 to 40 minutes. Slide a spatula around edges to release sides and let pan cool fully on a rack or countertop, at least 30 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.