A delicious smooth cheesecake served with or without a fruit topping. I like to make this cheesecake a day or so before I wish to serve it. It always seems to taste better with the extra setting time.
- 1 ¾ cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, cinnamon and melted butter together. Press on bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine 3 well-beaten eggs, cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla and almond extract. Beat until smooth. Blend in the sour cream and pour into the crumb crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 35 minutes or just till set. Cool. Chill well, about 4 or 5 hours. Filling will be soft. May be served as is or topped with your favorite fruit topping or glaze.