These are a totally sinful concoction containing more calories than one would care to count. A decadent dessert! Will satisfy any sweet tooth!
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix 1/2 cup butter or margarine, white sugar, cocoa, egg and vanilla in a heavy sauce pan or double boiler. Stir over low heat until mixture is of custard like consistency.
- Combine graham crackers, coconut and walnuts and add to the melted mixture. Mix well and pack into buttered 9 inch square cake pan.
- Cream 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla custard powder and milk. Beat until creamy and spread over melted base.
- Refrigerate till hardened.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate with 1 tablespoon butter and drizzle over custard icing. Refrigerate. When totally hard cut into square bars.