These delicate lace cookies have a light, wafer-like consistency and use oats and brown sugar for sweet flavor--sure to become a new dessert favorite for holidays or entertaining.
- 2 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in melted butter until well blended. Pour in egg and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Drop dough by 1/2 teaspoonfuls, at least 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly until firm, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Continue baking remainder of cookies, 1 cookie sheet at a time, according to instructions.