I have yet to meet a child or adult who doesn't lick their bowl after eating this. A delicious tomato based turkey sausage and bean soup. Very simple and can be ready to eat in minutes or cook for hours. Make a double or triple batch and freeze your leftovers. Serve with a fresh salad and buns for a perfect Sunday lunch or savory dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausages, casings removed
- 3 (15.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the sausage, breaking into small pieces. Cook and stir for another 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes with their juice and chicken broth. Season with rosemary and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, and cook for at least 10 minutes. Serve right away, or let it simmer for a while, stirring occasionally, until you are ready to eat.