Exotic ras el hanout and a sweet honey sauce highlight this special lamb dish!
- 1 (7 bone) rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched
- coarse sea salt to taste
- 2 ½ tablespoons ras el hanout
- 1 cup Shiraz wine
- ⅓ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season lamb with sea salt, and rub with ras el hanout. In a medium cast iron skillet over medium high heat, sear lamb on all sides until evenly browned.
- Place skillet with lamb in the preheated oven, and roast 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached a minimum of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove lamb from skillet, reserving juices, and allow to rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing ribs. Place skillet with juices over medium heat, and stir in wine and honey. Cook until reduced by about half. Drizzle over ribs to serve.