This colorful, delicious, and wholesome dish will have your family begging for more--or it does at least in our family. It's amazingly easy to make, and will be on your table in minutes!
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pour the water into a saucepan, add the rice, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons of cooking oil into a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Stir in the eggs and cook until scrambled to desired consistency. Remove eggs from the pan, and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and heat over medium heat. Stir in the onion and green onion; cook until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the salmon, rice, peas, and scrambled eggs, and toss until evenly blended. Cook and stir rice mixture until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.