This easy, delicious recipe for using your summer surplus of rhubarb will be a family staple once they enjoy it.
- 3 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix rhubarb, 1 tablespoon flour, sugar, water, cinnamon, and allspice together in a bowl. Mix oats, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup flour together in a separate bowl; add butter and mash into the oats mixture with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Press about half the oats mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread rhubarb mixture over the oats mixture; top with remaining oats mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until rhubarb layer is set, about 45 minutes.