A mocha version of the classic chocolate chip cookie.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In small cup, dissolve the instant coffee in the 2 teaspoons boiling water. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and coffee. Beat until creamy. Add egg and melted morsels. Mix well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups chocolate morsels and walnuts. Form into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes. Allow to stand 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.