These are made in muffin tins and are fun to whip up and to eat. A cumin and lemon-spiced egg mixture is stirred into spinach, ricotta, parmesan and cheddar cheese. Then this delicious batter is poured into the waiting pan and baked.
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Preheat oven to oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease one 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and Cheddar cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, hot sauce, cumin, black pepper, parsley, and lemon pepper. Stir egg mixture into spinach mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.