Savory bites of quinoa, eggs, zucchini, cheese, and ham are equally excellent hot or cold. Ideal for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 2 large egg whites egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup diced ham
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 6 muffin cups.
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine cooked quinoa, eggs, egg whites, zucchini, Swiss cheese, ham, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and white pepper in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture to the top of each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven until the edges of frittatas are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes in the pan before serving. Serve hot or cold.