An easy weeknight meal and a nice change from beef burgers, these tasty Mexican-inspired turkey burgers have a slightly spicy bite which is tamed by a creamy avocado topping.
- 1 ⅓ pounds ground turkey breast
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ green poblano pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (such as Santa Maria-style)
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 2 avocados, mashed
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix together ground turkey, shredded cheese, poblano pepper, seasoned salt, and granulated onion in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Divide mixture into 4 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and press into a burger shape.
- Place burgers on the preheated grill and cook, flipping once halfway through, until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve on hamburger buns topped with mashed avocado.