Creamy chicken and vegetables are served over quinoa in this weeknight dinner with savory Mexican flair.
- 2 ¼ cups water, divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup frozen mixed bell peppers
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 limes, juiced
- Bring 2 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in 3 garlic cloves, chili powder, salt, paprika, and red pepper flakes with a wooden spoon. Add chicken; cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Pour in remaining 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir corn, peas, peppers, and spinach into the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Mix milk and flour together and pour into the skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Divide quinoa among 4 serving plates. Scoop chicken and vegetable mixture on top. Whisk lime juice and remaining garlic together in a bowl; drizzle over each serving.