The saltiness of the feta and the freshness of the mint and vegetables complement each other in this dazzling Mediterranean couscous dish.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
- lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup couscous (such as Bob's Red Mill®)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Combine red bell pepper, cucumber, scallions, mint leaves, lemon juice, lemon zest, and olive oil in a bowl. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat and stir in couscous, butter, and salt. Cover saucepan and let stand until water is absorbed completely, about 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork; place on a baking sheet to cool.
- Combine couscous, bell pepper mixture, and feta cheese together in a bowl, stirring with a fork to prevent clumps.