Contrary to the title, it doesn't have men in it. However it is a man's best friend, it's thick, not as tomato-ey as most chili's. Best served with fresh bread.
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup chili powder
- 1 cup water
- Place the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until evenly browned. Drain off grease. Place the pot over medium heat, and add the onion, garlic, green pepper, red pepper and kidney beans. Cook and stir for a few minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and water, and season with chili powder. Simmer over low heat for 40 minutes uncovered.