I have tried and tried meatloaf recipes they all fall apart before you get them out of the pan. This meatloaf is very good and sticks together to be served. Leftover meatloaf makes wonderful sandwiches with mayonnaise.
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 small stalks celery
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 1 ½ cups cracker crumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a food processor or blender, combine the bell pepper, onion and celery. Process until finely chopped, but not liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the ground beef, ground pork, cracker crumbs, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, sage and milk. Mix well using your hands, or if you have a stand mixer, mix using the paddle attachment. Transfer to a 9x5 inch loaf pan and form into a loaf, mounding in the center. Cover with a generous layer of ketchup.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven. Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers, slice and serve cold in sandwiches.