Substitute cauliflower for potatoes in this creamy mashed cauliflower bake that is a nice accompaniment to almost any main dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl.
- Mash cauliflower with cream cheese until smooth; stir in Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Spoon mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and Cheddar cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes.