This moist, dense and nutty Carrot Bread has been a family tradition for years.
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift together baking soda, salt, spices, and flour.
- In a large bowl, combine ground carrots, pineapple, oil, and sugar. Mix in eggs. Blend flour mixture into carrot mixture. Mix well. Fold nuts and raisins into batter. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.