This moist juicy dense and nutty carrot cake has been a family tradition for years. The recipe makes 2 Bundt pans and can be divided in half if necessary.
- 4 cups ground carrots
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 large eggs eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 10 inch Bundt pans. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, pineapple, oil and sugar. Add eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into prepared greased and floured pans. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool, then frost with cream cheese frosting.