Ham with pineapples, cloves, and a sweet maple syrup sauce - it's a holiday classic!
- 1 (4 pound) boneless ham
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, canned in syrup
- 10 eaches whole cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prick the ham with a fork. Place the pineapple slices on the ham, securing with toothpicks. Press the cloves into the ham. Place the ham in a baking dish with the water.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, and mix in the syrup, brown sugar, and honey until heated through. Pour 1/2 the mixture over the ham.
- Bake the ham 1 hour and 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste frequently with the remaining butter and syrup mixture.
- Remove the ham from heat, and drain pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until thickened, and serve with the ham.