Prep these salads once and eat for the week! Make sure to firmly pack the spinach into each jar and they will stay fresh all week. Also a great use for leftover quinoa!
- 5 (16 oz) pint jars
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- ⅔ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 5 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- 5 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whisk orange juice, vinegar, orange zest, salt, curry powder, and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking continuously until well blended.
- Line up 5 pint jars in an assembly line fashion.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing into the bottom of each jar. Place 1/2 cup cooked quinoa into each jar, and top with 2 tablespoons cherries. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons goat cheese on top of the cherries. Top with 1 cup of spinach per jar and pack down tightly to remove air pockets; jars should be filled to the top. Finish each jar with 1 tablespoon walnuts. Cover jars and refrigerate until ready to eat.