This yummy sour cream coffee cake is chilled overnight before baking so it's all ready for you to pop in the oven for a hot, fragrant morning treat.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and white sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs and sour cream into butter mixture until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl until thoroughly combined; stir into the sour cream mixture to make a batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle the mixture over the batter.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and chill 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove plastic wrap from the dish; bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the coffee cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.