Heavy cream, bacon, and cheese make these quick and easy mashed potatoes for two a luxurious, decadent side dish that you're sure to love.
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 slices bacon, or more to taste
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, or more as needed
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil; continue to boil until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and let cool. Crumble or chop into small pieces.
- Drain potatoes and mash in a bowl. Add Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Stir with a large spoon. Add cream until it is a nice consistency and to your liking.