Slow cooking ease combined with fantastic flavor has made this a favorite at our house & even kid's 'yuk-lima beans' have turned into 'YUM--LIMA BEAN SOUP.'
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, undrained
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until evenly brown and crisp. Drain and crumble.
- In a slow cooker, mix the cooked bacon, lima beans, butter beans and liquid, potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, and butter. Season with marjoram, salt, and pepper. Pour in the chicken broth.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook soup 7 hours on Low.