These oatmeal cookies are a great breakfast option when you need a quick grab-and-go meal--they're also perfect for a quick treat after lunch or dinner.
- 1 ½ teaspoons shortening (such as Crisco®), or as needed
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 cookie sheets with shortening.
- Stir oats, sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
- Place butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl; mix well. Add the oat mixture to the butter mixture; stir until incorporated. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 9 minutes.