Low-carb and full of spicy, savory flavor, this soup stars frozen cauliflower rice, veggies, sausage, and leftover turkey.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked turkey, or to taste
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (Optional)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (such as Slap Ya Mama®)
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown sausage in the hot butter until browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer cooked sausage to a plate. Add celery, carrots, onion, bell pepper, and remaining butter to the pot. Cook over medium heat, scraping up browned bits and stirring to deglaze, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir cooked sausage and turkey into the Dutch oven. Pour in chicken stock and cream of chicken soup. Stir and bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower rice and peas and return to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, Cajun seasoning, thyme, seasoned salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and cayenne. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Season to taste and serve.