Chicken breasts, bacon, and cauliflower rice are mixed up in a creamy, cheesy mixture and baked golden for this low-carb version of a favorite casserole.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add chicken breasts, reduce heat, and simmer until no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, steam cauliflower rice in its package in the microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Combine milk and ranch dressing mix in a mixing bowl. Mix in cooked cauliflower rice. Mix in 1/2 cup Mexican cheese and cream cheese.
- Chop bacon and chicken; add to the mixing bowl with green onions and combine. Pour contents into the prepared dish. Sprinkle remaining Mexican cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes.