This recipe makes 8 small chocolate heart cakes with pears and almonds; you need a silicone mold with 8 small heart shapes to bake them.
- 3 ½ ounces dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ripe pear - peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place an 8-cavity heart silicone mold onto a baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add melted chocolate, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour, egg, and baking powder and mix in. Fold in pear and almonds into batter. Spoon batter into the prepared heart-shaped molds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes, then unmold.