Delicate strands of saffron are paired with a creamy Alfredo sauce for an upscale entree that is sure to please.
- 1 pound small fresh clams scrubbed clean
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) container BUITONI® Refrigerated Alfredo Sauce or Light Alfredo Sauce
- ½ teaspoon saffron strands*
- 1 (9 ounce) package BUITONI® Refrigerated Linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Steam clams with wine and garlic in covered, medium saucepan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until clams open. Drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat sauce, reserved cooking liquid and saffron in small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir until blended and saffron imparts a yellow color to sauce.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Top pasta with sauce and clams. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.