This Asian-inspired shrimp and rice bowl includes snow peas, edamame, and a special coconut milk-based sauce scented with lemongrass and lime.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 3 4- to 6-inch lemon grass stalks, ends removed and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package shelled, cooked edamame
- 1 (6 ounce) package snow peas
- Combine coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, lemon grass, garlic, and shallot in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 1/4 cups of the puree for later use. Pour the rest into a large bowl; add shrimp. Cover and refrigerate until shrimp is marinated, 2 to 3 hours.
- Bring brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan while shrimp marinate. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add edamame and snow peas; saute until tender but still crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the 1 1/4 cups of reserved puree and bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and marinade to the sauce in the skillet; cook until shrimp are firm and no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve over the cooked rice.